Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 7, week 1 - Planning does pay....I hope

Well, I'm getting ready to go to bed at the end of the first week. Tomorrow the scale will tell if my diligence has paid off in any measurable way. I've stepped on the home scale a couple of times and need to break myself of that particular habit. Once a week weighing is enough and their scale never changes. My scale allows me to get on before I eat in the morning or before or after any other number of slightly weight changing activities. On the WW scale, I'll be going at the same time, on the same day, after following the same routine each and every week. That type of consistency will give me more accurate results.

I'm prepared for the slow and steady losses of less than a pound a week. I'm older than the last time I did this, less active, more menopausal, and therefore slower to metabolize even the air that I breathe. I swear, there are days when I feel like celery could lead to weight gain. But I'd really like a big number to start off the program and keep that energetic honeymoon phase going!

I haven't been any hungrier than before I started this, and I'm certainly eating better food. My planning has allowed me the freedom to munch a little, and satisfy the different food cravings we all get from time to time...something salty, or crunchy, or crispy. I've had it all.

I'll post the results of week 1 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment