Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 5, week 2...where'd the week go?

Still on track. The challenges this week were scheduling related. Sometimes even the best plans take a detour, and that was my schedule for the weekend.

Friday night was ladies' night out with my chickie girlfriends. My pick this month, so we went to Applebee's. I had a very nice WW points dinner from their menu. A garlicky chicken dinner with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. It didn't taste like the 7 points it was calculated to be. There was a great, but very buttery tasting sauce on it that defied my belief in the 7 points. I'm assuming it was actually more, and skipped dessert. Some of us walked to and from dinner, so that helped keep the damage down if indeed there was some cooking error. We'll see. I've tried to hardly use any of my extra points for the week figuring that even if there was a mistake in preparation, it's not likely to be the whole 35 extra points worth....gosh, I hope anyway.

Saturday was Claire's Kids Rock mile run, and NO, I didn't run with her. I only run if my children are in danger or if tigers are chasing me. Sorry, that's my rule. The challenge Saturday turned out to be scheduling. I was not scheduled to work, so my menu plan including cooking. Then, my second job called and asked if I could switch my Sunday hours for a Saturday shift. I said yes, but then had to cook dinner for lunch AND watch my Cardinals lose at football. Too much pressure. But I stayed on course, and actually got to go get some new walking kicks.

Sunday is a blur to me now. What did we do? Oh yeah, Sunday School, lunch out (Sweet Tomatoes), laundry, homework, cooking a recipe that only one of us (Chip) liked, then assisting in Ted's science fair project from 6 until 10:30 in the cold, dark, desert. Sweet Tomatoes wasn't on the original plan for the day, but we were out and about gathering supplies for the project later and Claire used her great report card reward.

Sweet Tomatoes is a great place for some yummy salads, but it has LOTS of food traps that are easy to fall into. The salad bar has some pre-dressed salads, but they're really point-laden. I didn't know this for a fact until I got home to my point book, but I was fairly certain. So, I got only a little bit of that and added undressed salad fixings to the salad. I was able to stay away from the pastas with not too much effort. Then there's the hot bar area. Man oh man, do I love a good muffin! I was able to have two! Yay! They have a sugar free banana crunch muffin top and a fruit/bran thing that was goooooood. They also had Dreyer's fat free frozen yogurt in the machine so I had a little of that and kept the point total for the meal at 12. Way more than I would've eaten at home, but the damage was minimal.

Overall, a good weekend for WW and a fun one for the Bridges.

The challenge from WW was to have 10 meals that qualify as filling by their definition and so far, I only have 2. I'm thinking that this might be a challenge I don't make, but one I can be conscious of and try again in the future.

Less later.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment