Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 1, Week 2 - A tremendous start!

I lost 4.4 lbs! Yay for me! Happy dance on the keyboard....

a;ldkjaiharjzcvnartoTtyt07ugfn69q

Anyway, that's enough motivation to keep going for another week. That, and I've already paid for the next 9 weeks. Funny, that's the length of both kids' marking periods and I started when theirs started . Guess we all get graded on something in life.

The family is eating better through osmosis. I'm not about to make separate meals for all of the diners in this house. I just double all of the recipes so that our bottomless pit 12 year old son can eat all he wants. I've prepared 9-can chili, bought rotisserie chicken from Costco, made a chicken stir-fry dish, and added 3 new meals to the cooking repertoire. Tonight was a beef stew from the WW cookbook - family gave it 5 stars, last night I ate Subway veggie sub since I was in class, Tuesday night was honey-mustard pork chops (WW cookbook) - family gave it 4-1/2-5 stars, and Monday night was rosemary chicken and wild rice (WW cookbook) - family gave it 4-5 stars. Chip's a bit stingy with the 5's cause there's always room for improvement. LOL I have great eaters in this house. They'll try more things than I will.

I've felt great all week. Not just physically, but mentally too. The planning ahead means that I've always got something measured out, ready to eat whenever I need or want it. I haven't ever approached an eating plan this way before, and it's keeping me on track. I haven't eaten a nibble that I haven't written down. I haven't been hungry, but I have occasionally wanted to eat something bad for me...like a bunch of Oreos. There's something prohibitive about having to write it down BEFORE you eat it that's helpful. I mean, do I really want to look back at a log and see hot fudge sundae and oreos and have to try to figure out why I'm not losing any weight?

This week's challenge from the meeting was to try to have 10 meals that qualify as filling. That means every ingredient in them has to be from the "approved" list having the right balance of calories, fat, and fiber. That will be a challenge for me. So far, I've eaten lots of filling foods, but at almost every meal, I have some sort of bread or pasta. That negates the whole meal as a filling one. I will try though, just to see what impact a filling meal with no breads on the plate feels like an hour after I eat it. I'll probably stick with breakfasts and a couple of lunches. They seem less intimidating.

My challenge for myself is to add some additional physical exercise to my week. I'm walking with Claire to sell GS cookies this weekend, but that's sporadic and not aerobic, so I don't think it counts as much, but if we stay out long enough, it's still a point. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment