Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 5 of Week 1

The biggest hurdle of yesterday was football! Gosh do I love to munch and watch. My strategy this time around is write down the points I KNOW I will consume during the day. In other words, extensive menu planning. That means that I know exactly what my meals are going to be and I know how many points I'll have left for "incidental eating". Notice I didn't say accidental eating. That's another of my tripping spots. Accidental eating happens in the Costco aisles, or while making the kids' lunches, or licking the beaters, or nibbling on the new recipe to see what else it needs; you didn't plan for it, and often don't realize you've done it until it's too late. You have to account for those too, but incidental eating is what I'm calling anything outside of a regularly planned meal.

So after I meal planned the day Sunday, I saw what I had left and decided to pre-package some snacks and had stuff I could munch on during the game. It worked really well. I didn't feel left out of the munching, and I stayed on my plan. I ate pretzel slims, cherries, popcorn, carrot sticks, and seltzer with lime. Plus dinner was my awesome 1 point chili. I can eat lots of that without penalty so I stayed satisfied all afternoon.

Lesson of the day is planning does pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment