Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1, week 4 Pre weigh-in

Mentally, I'm ready. I want to go weigh-in. I'm hoping that I get to 10 lbs. lost today. Of course, the downside of that means that I'm in a different decade of weight and I lose a point of what I'm allowed to eat each day to continue losing. That won't be too bad though, since I haven't been using too many of my "extra" points each week so far.

Did I meet the challenge? Well, some of it. I still didn't get 10 filling meals in, but I made 5 this week, 2 more than last week. I didn't get the extra 10 minutes in every day. I think I got 5 days worth in. I've been getting sick since Sunday. Each day has brought a new symptom. Now I'm feeling awful, stuffy head, watery eyes, an annoying cough. I'm just doing the weigh-in today and not the meeting. I'll weigh-in, collect this week's challenge, and head home to pack my lunch for work.

Great recipes this week? Oh yeah! I cooked 6 of the last 7 nights and they were ALL good. Dinners were:
  • Lemon-chicken risotto -5 points
  • pork loin stuffed with spiced peaches -5 points
  • balsamic chicken with thyme -6 points
  • whole roast chicken with garlic -5 points
  • turkey empinadas -6 points for 6
  • stuffed shells -8 points
All got at least 4 stars out of 5 by my personal critics. I'm happy to share with anyone who wants...I just didn't feel the need to post the actual recipes if no one was interested. All of this food preparation has been time consuming, but it's what I love as long as I have time. I'll never go hungry this way, that's for sure.

I'm thinking about doing the WW e-tools. That would allow me to enter my favorite non-WW recipes in and get point calculations for them. Then I could substitute ingredients and lower my high point recipes to healthy point recipes. I get a two-week free trial with my WW membership, but with school, work, and kids activities, I'm worried I wouldn't get the full experience before I decide to buy it. I'm still considering. It has other features, but that's the main one I'd be interested in.

OK, time to go hit the scales!

Less later,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment