Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 3, week 3

Woo hoo! I uncovered and actually used the elliptical this morning...not for long, but at least it's being used. I've also tried today to only eat "filling foods" at meals for a whole day. Anything else will have to be at snack time. Breakfast was actually filling enough that I wasn't interested in lunch for 4 hours, but lunch? I ate 2 hours ago and I'm hungry. Not ravenous yet, but I'm heading that direction. I'll nibble on something after this post.

I shopped at Trader Joe's today for some great chicken. It costs more there, but I'm trying NOT to support the large, industrial chicken corporations and instead, buy as local and cage free as I can. I don't know if my little piece makes any difference at all, but it make me feels better about what we're eating. I digress...Trader Joe's has a lot of healthier options and I previously got some freeze-dried blueberries that were fantastic. I chose a different TJ's today (same distance, opposite direction), and liked it better. It seems to be a little larger, was cleaner, and had a slightly larger variety of goodies. Anyway, they not only had the blueberries, they also had freeze-dried strawberries and bananas. I skipped the bananas, but couldn't resist the strawberries. I'll let you know how they were next post.

Claire and I went walking around the adjacent neighborhood to sell Girl Scout cookies. Much better success on one street there than in our whole neighborhood. We'll remember that next year.

Tomorrow, we're checking out a new park in Chandler. It's the first park in the Valley that was built on a defunct landfill. I didn't realize that this was a new concept out in the southwest. I mean, back east we build all sorts of recreational things on old landfills. Golf courses, municipal parks, lakes, you name it. I guess the idea that you might actually run out of space is new here. And the idea that your landfill may actually fill up someday? Unheard of. Anyway, this particular park has walking and bike trails and an archery range. We're going to see if there's a rental archery option and scope it all out.

Great day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment