Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 6, week 11 - It had to happen sooner or later

Yes, not only did I not LOSE any this week, but I GAINED 1 pound. My elusive 25 pound landmark stays out of range for another week. I'm keeping it in perspective however. I mean, one pound could be the difference between riding my bike to the previous meeting and driving to this one, or the salty food I'd eaten causing water retention, or the allergy medicine I started taking...who knows? I DO know that I stayed with the plan, and that the plan works, so I'm not going to lose focus over a pound.

I will say that tracking and measuring is crucial! Portion control was the topic this past meeting and the timing couldn't have been better. You start measuring the yogurt and getting exactly a cup, then you move onto just putting it in the bowl and saying, "yeah, that looks like a cup" and every now and then you need to check yourself. I'm actually pretty good with the cup, but the tablespoon still misses the mark. That's one of the most important ones for me, because IF the serving size is measured in Tbsp, then it's probably a higher point value item so accuracy is critical.

Spring Break was a lot of fun. We tried to do one "fun" thing a day. They each had a friend over, we went to the movies, the Lego store, the chocolate candy factory, and since they cleaned their rooms and their bathroom before the break started, I didn't have to ask them to clean while they were out of school.

Here's hoping the scale reflects my attitude this week!
Less later,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment