Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 3, week 10 - What a great week!

Let's get the numbers out of the way first. I lost 3.8 pounds this week, bringing the total to 24.2 pounds in 10 weeks!

Today is the first full day of Spring Break. It's been busy, for sure. I started the day riding my bike 5 miles to the weigh-in and then back again. For someone who hasn't ridden further than 2 miles in the past few years, 10 is making my backside quite sore. Also, my hips and knees have been hurting since I got home. Apparently, I'm not as spry as I used to be.

After that, I spent time cutting a new solar blanket for the pool to get the water in the pool to a swimmable temperature.

Then it was time to help the Brownies do their service project by walking around a neighborhood park during a festival to pick up trash for three hours. Not all that strenuous, but my endurance was tested after the exhausting morning I had.

But think of all of the activity points I earned! It allowed me to have two chicken enchiladas, some tortilla chips, and some GS cookies for dessert when we got home! There's an improvement to Weight Watchers I like a lot. It used to be that, regardless of the amount of exercise you did, you were limited to 3 points maximum for activity points. This is so much better.

Speaking of GS cookies, I have definitely been eating too many of them. I've stayed within the points, but instead of healthy stuff, I've been eating the cookies...not exclusively :), but more than I should. I'll be done with them soon. The cookie sale is now over! I have some paperwork to do, but it's over for 2010. Of course, I bought enough to freeze so they'd last. I just have to forget they're in the freezer and I'll be fine.

I'll sign off for now, and promise to try to eat more fruits and veggies this week, and get some more exercise in. Plus, we'll have some fun this week too!

Less later,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. BTW, Claire's sick again. Strep again, with a rash (scarlet fever), 36 hours after the antibiotics were done. The nurse practitioner said the amoxicillin wasn't right med. It should have been a cephalaspor. Anyway, she's on a new med and will, hopefully, get better this time. Maybe it's time to take out the tonsils.

    ReplyDelete