Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 1, week 8 --- I found it!

I didn't weigh in this morning, so there's no weight info to report. I'll go Saturday morning to the higher energy group.

The other day, I complained that I didn't like exercise and that I wished I could find one I liked. Some of you commiserated. Well, I found it. The Bon Jovi concert! I need to get out dancing. Is there a place where people can go hear music they like (80's rock in my case), dance their butts off (literally) without some of the...hmmm...sexual? grinding?...you see on YouTube? We need an 80's rock aerobic class! I'd pay for that.

Anyway, the long awaited Bon Jovi concert was amazing! They sounded as great as ever and looked pretty good too (some better than others). From the people watching perspective, this concert was much less exciting than Def Leppard. Middle class, well behaved, nicely dressed, up out of their seats, singing their lungs out, lots of families, glad to be there, not drunk...truly a nice night. Ted enjoyed himself and I was glad he was there with me. He knew so many songs, I was proud! The playlist was a mix of old and new and lots of rotating, elevation changing video screens that allowed everyone in the audience to get up close and personal. Here's the list:

Livin' on a Prayer, Shot Through the Heart, Bad Medicine, It's My Life, Dead or Alive, Bed of Roses, Born to Be My Baby, Hallelujah, Who Says You Can't Go Home, When We Were Beautiful, Work for the Working Man, Superman Tonight, Love's the Only Rule, Thorn in My Side, We Got It Going On, Homebound Train, We Weren't Born to Follow, probably a couple more. It's hard to know.

The opening act was Dashboard Confessional who were fine. They seemed surprised to be there and did lots of thank you's.

So, if you want to start an 80's aerobics class, let me know!

Less later,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment