Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 3, week 6 - I ROCK!!!

I didn't get to weigh in on my regular day (orthodontist appointment and job eval), and that's actually a good thing. I like the leader on Saturday morning a lot better. I've had her before and she's much more....energetic? Friendly? I'm not sure what, but I relate better to her. She and another weight loss counselor have a great website with tons of great recipes. I used to use it a lot when I was doing WW previously. Anyway, my 2.6 pound loss may be a little exaggerated due to the extra two days. I don't care though, I'll take it! That brings the grand total in 5 weeks to 15.6 pounds! Not bad for a week with very little exercise due to injury.

My back is almost healed and I'm hoping to get some exercise in besides lifting Girl Scout cookies...perhaps if I add milk lifting, I'll be full AND have a well-rounded workout. :) Really though, I'm the Cookie Mom, and tomorrow is the cookie pick-up day from the warehouse. 172 cases, 3 adults, load into the truck and off of the truck, then into individual cars...whew. If that doesn't kill me, maybe even that nasty elliptical staring at me from the corner of the living room will get used. I'm trying to get inspired by the Olympics.

I did some stir-fry on the outdoor "wok" and it tasted good, but it wasn't a great wok. It's too high above the heat, so Chip's going to see what he can figure out to lower it. Another cooking experiment.

Valentine's Day will not include chocolate, but will have great Greek food. My Big Fat Greek Restaurant is calling to me and I know I can find food there that fits my needs. Staying away from the pita and tzatziki will be a challenge. Maybe I can have a little tzat on some gyro meat. We'll see how it goes.

No new excitement, just keeping on keeping it off!

Less later,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment