Thursday, June 24, 2010

I love those lazy, crazy days of summer!

Yes all of you oldies lovers, I know I left out hazy. When we lived back east, hazy couldn't have been forgotten, but at this second, the humidity in my backyard, in the shade is 9%, with a temp of 102. I couldn't come up with haze if my life depended on it.

It's been about two weeks since my last post and that can just be credited to summer craziness. We've been doing Camp Invention, 2 vacation Bible schools, summer youth volleyball league, birthday parties, planning the big trip, reading...all around a great time.

Weight loss continues, though so slowly, it's almost imperceptible at this point. I did discover some things in the past week.
  • First, I have NO jeans that fit. The last time I tried them on, my smallest ones were tight, now they fall off.
  • Second, while the weight isn't going down those last couple of pounds as quickly as I'd like, the measurements all over are much less.
  • Third, I don't hate exercise if I can be entertained while doing it. Thank God for iPods. I don't know if I can say that I love it, but it's much easier to get out there and do it now.
  • Fourth, and this is the best of all, for the first time in over 12 years, my weight is in the normal range by BMI.
I'm ready to go on vacation with a renewed enthusiasm for healthy eating. We're going to a region of the country that we've never been to, one that's famous for good food, and I'm looking forward to being able to stay on track and still eat in a wonderful way.

Wish me luck!
Less later (from the road),
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment