Saturday, June 5, 2010

Correction and update

I was wrong...last week I was uncertain about what week of weight-loss I was in and posted 24. I am mid-week of week 22 right now. AND I weighed in today for a total loss of 40.4 pounds! 4.2 pounds left to go. 3 weeks until vacation begins. A conundrum. Not really. I don't imagine it will be too hard to at least maintain, if not lose more on vacation. We'll be moving around more, lots of physical activities and we don't do fast food. We're staying in our vacation club place and it has a full kitchen. We plan on preparing at least one of our meals every day there. I think I'll be alright as long as I keep track of what I'm eating. We're going to an area that has lots of locally grown, freshly prepared food, so I'm actually looking forward to lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

We survived the first full week of summer vacation. Did some crafts, read some books, discovered the joy of Netflix, and had lots of lazy downtime. Next week the social calendar gets full (at least for Claire). Camp Invention and various Vacation Bible Schools will keep her busy until we leave, and Ted will be volunteering for some of that.

We've set some reading goals and made a reading chart for each kiddo and they're actually sticking with it. Putting my new job skills to work finding books they'll enjoy is a good practice for next year.

Please see my link to my Goodreads recommendations and listings. I'd love to hear what all of you are reading! I'm always in the market for a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment