Thursday, April 29, 2010

Too long since my last post...

I realize that it's been more than the usual weekly timeframe since I last posted...my humblest apologies. I know it's a tired and old excuse, but I just got busy. I did stay on track though and have now lost 32.4 pounds! And I weigh in again today.

Planning is still key for me. Especially with all of the end of the school year activities that are going on for all of us. Crazy busy doesn't even start to describe it all. Camping, scouting, symphony, music lessons, scholarship competitions, work, parties, award assemblies, school, visitors, and the typical stuff that goes on every day for everyone make for a very hectic schedule. Hectic schedules can lead to unplanned eating which, for me, almost always leads to quick and easy bad choices. A little preparation and planning can go a really long way. I also make sure that I hold myself accountable with the food tracking, and that combination has made the difference. I'm shopping according to lists based on menu plans that I still make a week ahead. There's always room for a little improvisation, but a firm foundation means that won't throw my weight loss for a loop.

I think I'm going to set my goal today with my group leader and I'll talk about that next time.

Less later,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment