Monday, April 12, 2010

A smaller marshmallow? And a travel plan.

OK, I've lost 28 pounds and gained confidence in my ability to do this long term. When I went to the WW meeting Saturday though, I heard something I'd always known, but it sunk in for the first time. If you lose weight by just managing food and not exercising, you go from being a marshmallow to being a smaller marshmallow! I mean really, why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I don't like exercise. I have noticed that as my body ages, even when I lose weight, things jiggle more than I would like. Having said that I don't like exercise however, doesn't mean that I don't do it. I hit my 10,000 steps a day, do the occasional jaunt on my elliptical machine, have ridden my bicycle for exercise, swim (now that the pool is up to temp), but I'm gathering that it's not enough. I'm going to have to add something to my routine to help firm up my marshmallow-ness.

Enough about weight loss! On to entertainment. This blog started last year with my planning our nearly 8000 mile round the country trip. And since the school year is coming to a close, it must be time to hit the road again. This year's adventure? The Pacific Northwest.

We (this year Chip's on the WHOLE trip with us) will head to San Francisco, Oregon, and Napa. We'll take side trips to Seattle, Mt. St. Helen's, Crater Lake, and more! It's a work in progress and we'll unfold the details as we go along. Yes, we're driving again, this time in a minivan. More room for the kids should make it a little more enjoyable from their perspective.

Having read the cyber-warnings, I guess this is the point where I'll let the criminals know that we will have the house being watched, so don't bother.

It looks like the kids and I will add a trip east right before school starts again. More on that later too.

I've got to get ready for work, so I'll sign off now.

Less later!
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment