Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What is going on with the weather?

Now, I know that we've been in Arizona for a while, so maybe we've aclimated to the heat. But it's now downright COLD for mid-June. We rode the Cape May-Lewes Ferry yesterday and we all bought souvenir sweatshirts. There was a gale-force (maybe an exagerration) wind blowing and it was chilly. There were actually whitecaps in the protected cove at the dock! I was very concerned for the contents of my stomach. I paid good money for that food, and I wanted it to stay put. The solution for me was to play deck ornament and stay out with the wind beating my face the whole crossing. I worked, and I had a great ride. I saw dolphins, brown pelicans, gulls, terns, and Claire spotted a sea turtle! I thought it was a tire, but she was insistent that it wasn't. Then the tire raised its head, looked at me like I was a big dummy, and swam away.

We're off to Athena Diner to meet Dad after he gets home from work this morning to have a yummy breakfast.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was cold when I was in Baltimore last week as well. I had to turn the heat on in the room and I considered buying a sweatshirt as well.

    It has been cool here as well, below 100 for over a week now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, we pick this time of year to leave AZ to get away from the heat and it's not HOT?!?!? What's that about?

    ReplyDelete